We use this "blog" to stay in touch with our friends and supporters while we serve the Lord and wait on Him here at The Kilns, the home of C. S. Lewis.

Friday, January 9, 2015

A new development

One of the things I'm supposed to do while I'm here is to network in Oxford in order to find and train student tour guides and also to encourage people to recommend our Scholars-in-Residence program to grad students. One of the colleges most sympathetic with our goals at the Kilns is Wycliffe Hall.

I had the idea of taking some courses at Wycliffe Hall so I could become a part of the student body to see if the Lord would use that to help us build the ministry here. Everyone seems to like the idea, so I'm going to do it.

I'll be a non-degree, part-time student. It will be extremely inexpensive compared to being a regular Oxford degree-seeking student! We will use Foundation funds to pay the tuition and fees.

Next week, I'll be taking an intensive course on the sacraments with about 18 other students. The following week, Hilary term will begin and I'll be taking a course or two. Personally, I'm really looking forward to the classes, to making new friends, and to what the Lord may do with this new facet of our work over here. We would appreciate prayer about all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment