We use this "blog" to stay in touch with our friends and supporters while we serve the Lord and wait on Him here at The Kilns, the home of C. S. Lewis.

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Our first drop-ins and the Mole War

I was out in the front garden this afternoon when I heard someone say, "That's the house."  I then heard someone fumble with the gate, so I walked around and met a lovely young couple from the States, Grace and Bratt (sp?).  They met at Hillsdale College, got married, and now Bratt is working on a Masters in Economic History here in Oxford.  I decided to show them around a bit, so I took them into the common room, the room where Lewis died, and the kitchen.  In the  process they got to meet one of our scholars, whose son attended Hillsdale.  They had not heard of the local C. S. Lewis Society, so I invited them to attend.  That was fun and they were able to do a lot more than they thought they'd be able to do visiting here.

I also showed Bratt "The Mole War".  The garden is getting overrun by moles - the proverbial "mole  hills" are everywhere, as you can see from my picture.  I'll have to have something done about this right away.

Sheila and I are still having to spend a good bit of time getting settled in and learning our way around.  Thankfully, we are feeling better, so that's good.  We plan to attend our first Sunday morning worship tomorrow at St. Andrew's Headington, where we attend Morning Prayer.  We'll see what that's like.  Then tomorrow evening, we'll probably go to Holy Trinity for Evening Prayer - Lewis' church.

The Mole War

No comments:

Post a Comment