We use this "blog" to stay in touch with our friends and supporters while we serve the Lord and wait on Him here at The Kilns, the home of C. S. Lewis.

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Heading into the Retreat Weekend

Hey, Folks:

David here.  Thought I'd jot down a few things before spending some time this afternoon studying for the retreat this weekend.

The Trinity term will begin next week.  This means I'll be back over at Wycliffe Hall, taking a couple of classes and having fellowship with the brethren.  I plan to keep working at getting more tour guides from there to help us.  I am especially looking forward to the last week because that will be the week of the preaching seminar and my good friend, The Revd. Victor Morgan of St. Luke's EMC in Blue Ridge will be joining me.  He comes here every year and every year I wish I could join him.  This time he's joining me!

We have a few people from Wycliffe coming to our retreat this weekend.  All total, we have about a dozen.  Some we got from the local C. S. Lewis Society, some from church, and, as I said, some from Wycliffe.  There's also a professor from Texas coming to join us who is here on sabbatical.  We also have a grad student from Kings in London coming over.  It's going to be a good group and we are all excited about being able to study Letters to Malcolm together. 

Sheila and I are looking forward to having some more home folks visit us this spring.  Archbishop Foley Beach and a couple of other ACNA bishops will be here for a couple of days.  The Buntings from ACOTR will be here for a week.  Lauri Moyle from ACOTR will also visit -  hopefully with his family.  It's going to be so great to see everyone.

Something else I would appreciate prayer for is that next week, Tuesday, I'll be speaking at the first meeting of the Oxford C. S. Lewis Society for the Trinity term on the topic "Debriefing Letters to Malcolm."  I was going to speak on Lewis' narrative poem, "The Queen of Drum," but since I'm spending so much time preparing for the retreat, I thought I'd make my talk an extension of it - the old 2-birds-with-1-stone thing.

There is still nothing on the horizon vocationally.  CCS turned down my application for a history teaching position.  I'm talking with Inter-Varsity about a Faculty and Graduate Student ministry at UTC, but that's creeping along.  Just checked with the diocese (ADOTS) and there's nothing for me there right now.  There's always the possibility that we would do another year here.  But we just want the Lord's will.  After all, that's all we want, isn't it.  His way is perfect.  We and all those we love are safest when we walk in that loving path.

Gotta get busy.  I'll have a report on the retreat next week.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment