We use this "blog" to stay in touch with our friends and supporters while we serve the Lord and wait on Him here at The Kilns, the home of C. S. Lewis.

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Lewis' study

Hi!  There's a couple of good pictures of C. S. Lewis in his upstairs study, where he probably wrote the Chronicles of Narnia.  The room has been empty, but I've undertaken to recreate the scene in the photos for the sake of our tourists.  I just got started today.  What I need now are two straight, long-stem pipes, an old tobacco tin, a square glass ash tray, a big mug like the one in the pictures, an old box of matches, a bottle of ink, and an old, dip pen. 

Once I get these items, it'll look pretty good.  In the meantime, I've put a few things on the desk to help.  I've got a facsimile of one of his letters on the desk that looks like the original; the more of that I can use the better.  The pictures show him working with manuscripts of his writing that are clipped together in bundles.  Wonder what they were!!!

I have also hung the two pictures over the mantle, both in the same frame, for reference.  I think they'll need to be bigger, so I'll reprint them and put them in separate frames.  Wish me luck finding the items I need!

I've also got a towel rack like one in the pictures as well; it's going to be cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment