We use this "blog" to stay in touch with our friends and supporters while we serve the Lord and wait on Him here at The Kilns, the home of C. S. Lewis.

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

A London encounter

When Sheila and I got on an elevator at a tube station in London last week, I stood beside a young man holding a walking stick that had an engraved head of Sherlock Holmes on top. I asked him if he had gotten it from the shop on Baker Street and then proceeded to talk to him about what I had found there years ago. One thing lead to another and we got into a conversation about religion. He is a Mormon who has recently fallen out with Mormonism and has just finished the Alpha Course. He wanted to talk to me more about Christianity and C. S. Lewis. I gave him my card and asked him to drop by when he was in Oxford.

This evening, while I was finishing up a tour, he called and asked if he could come by. I consented, though it was going to take him forever because of the time of day and Oxford traffic. Nevertheless, he finally arrived and we had a fairly intense conversation for an hour and a half. He was born in Hong Kong but now lives in Australia. He works with young people and wants to do trauma counseling. He also plans, at this point, to be baptized in a Baptist church when he gets home. This young man needs prayer that he will have a clear mind concerning Christianity and a confident faith in our Lord. He needs some good direction in his Bible study and some good Christian friendships. Lets pray that the Word will continue to take root and he will gladly walk the narrow road to heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment